Monday, February 14, 2005

First the TV, now the lights?

Well it's been a while since my last post. I can assure you had I been posting on a daily basis this would have become quite a boring read. Each day I check that the TV is not hot when I come into the flat, and so far it has not been. At night I listen and watch from bed, hoping to notice anything out of the ordinary.

I do hear "bumps in the night", which certainly sound as though they are in my apartment, but the nature of an apartment block with so many people moving about at all hours means that this is certainly far from anything to write home about.

Unfortunately the TV has yet to turn itself on again. Being the logical person I am I had actually convinced myself that it had all been a dream.

Our apartment is quite unique. I suppose if a ghost were from a century or two ago, our home may be the closest thing that it would find homely. It is full of the sort of furnature and decorations you would find in a castle. The "castle" has actually been our nickname for it since we moved in. There are prints of paintings from the 1600s, chairs which certainly look antique, candles on stands which come out of the walls and even the wardrobe features turrets. The most interesting item is the bookcase, which features leather bound encyclopedias and the like. The surprise however is when you find that one of the sides of the bookcase is actually a door into the kitchen - our own secret room hidden behind a bookcase. The light however was what led me to post today.

Our light in the main room, the same room where the TV is located, is a candelabra replica. It hangs on a long chain from the ceiling and splays out into eight arms each holding a single globe. Last night not long after I turned out the lights, I could hear a rattling coming from the main room. Though I had been sure I would spring out of bed should the TV turn on, I found myself to be quite cautious about this rattling. When I finally did get the courage to go out into the main room I found that the lights were shaking quite violently such that the plastic 'fake candle' pieces beneath the bulbs were shaking against the metal. This went on for at least a minute from when I'd first heard it. I stood watching in disbelief and then it stopped and that was that.

I don't really understand why I'm not afraid - why I don't move out, but I do have ideas. This post is getting quite long so I'll post those later.

4 Comments:

At 25 August 2005 07:32, Blogger edwardingals21923008 said...

I read your blog, and i thought it was rather cool. check out My Blog
Please Click Here to view it

Have a Great Day

 
At 7 January 2006 05:00, Blogger micheldean5595 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 30 January 2006 20:33, Blogger johneybrinick8130077347 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 
At 11 May 2006 11:42, Blogger shawnmiller1679732223 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home